AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE Focus -> EASE Data Import
EASE Data Import
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:40 pm Reply with quote
nhall

All,

I am relatively new to EASE having just completed training, so pardon if this question has been addressed.

I am curious as to how to generate the .dll file for importing the model generated in Focus into EASE.

I have seen this quote on the Focus website: "Data exchange between the two software programs, EASE Focus and EASE, is intended and will be possible."

Does this mean that it is not yet possible?

Thanks,

Nate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Stefan

Hi Nathaniel,

generally, a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) is used in EASE to simulate complex sound sources, such as line arrays, clusters or columns. A DLL is a program on its own, including all of the calculation routines as well as a user interface. A DLL can be developed by a manufacturer, as the software interface to EASE is well-defined and documented. Inside the DLL any frequency and angular resolution for the loudspeaker data can be used, also multiple sources per cabinet can be programmed.

EASE Focus is a freely available software to simulate line arrays, currently in 2D. In EASE Focus (www.easefocus.com) you can switch between products of various manufacturers. The data for a particular product is contained in a so-called system definition file, which is compiled by the manufacturer. However, to compile such definition files, the manufacturer has to purchase a licence. The definition file contains the mechanical data as well as the acoustic data. Here also regular EASE spk files can be included.

Finally, since almost two years we are working on a Generic DLL. That will unify the basis for EASE Focus and EASE, so that you can actually use the same definition file for both softwares. But, it will still take some months before its release.

Stefan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quote
nhall

Thank you Stefan for your reply.

I have a specific Line Array that I have modeled in Focus, and a room in EASE that I would like to integrate. I will eagerly anticipate the release of the Generic DLL you speak of.

Thanks again,

Nate

AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE Focus