AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> stacked audience areas
stacked audience areas
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:28 pm Reply with quote
thomas

In rooms with balconies often I get stacked audience areas.
And so in mapping views some audience areas are hidden by another.

How can I seperate audience areas for mapping?
I remember a function in old 3.0 (the button looked like a scissor or something like that) that I used to seperate audience areas for mapping. But in 4.3?

Thanks
Thomas
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:09 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Hello Thomas,

When you perform Area Mapping they should be already automatically separated. But you can also edit your own layout in the Edit Project window > Edit menu > Area Layout. In the Area Layout window you can then choose Move from the Edit menu. Next, just drag the areas to the desired position. EASE should use that layout the Area Mappings.

If you are performing Room Mapping, with EASE Eyes, you can also simply turn the visibility of some areas off. To accomplish that, in the Edit Project window, select an area and press F4 to open it's properties. Then uncheck the Visible checkbox. It will make them be invisible in other modules too, such as EASE Eyes.

You might also find useful to create an object containing some areas, in order to turn all then on/off with one click. To create an object, first activate the desired areas and then under the Insert menu chose Create Object. To activate an area just click on it with the right mouse button and select activate (F8 key).

To turn off all the areas contained in one object, first press F4 to see it's properties. Then under the Edit tab > General Properties, uncheck the Visible checkbox. This will make them be invisible.

I Hope this is helpful.

Best Regards
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:32 pm Reply with quote
thomas

Hello Pedro,
thank you very much for your very quick answer. It is exactly the solution for my problem.

Best Regards
Thomas
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4