AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Please help.. urgent.
Please help.. urgent.
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quote
benoki

Hi,

Well i've spent 7 hours straight trying to get my AutoCAD drawing of a theatre in to EASE JR and haven't been able to get it to work.

I've tried every approach and technique I've been able to find in the help guides or online forums but to no avail. I've even gone so far as to strip back the entire model and start again, redrawing only the enclosure and audience areas as non solid lines, setting up EASE-AREAS and EASE-FACE layers along the way. But still unfortunately for whatever reason the audience areas refused to import in to Ease at all.. and yes they were all four sided.

Things I have tried:
- exporting 3d model (solids) to dxf then importing in to ease (total catastrophe)
- converting from dwg to 3ds to dfx (autocad refused)
- converting 3d solids to xedges (broke up all of the faces)
- redrawing using only lines and grouping them in ease layers (areas refused to import)
- redrawing again using polylines for the audience areas
- tracing over existing faces with the insert audience area tool (won't snap to existing vertices)
- more but I'm tired

Please, can someone just tell me how I can turn an existing face in to an audience area. I will invest in training I promise - but right now I have a deadline!

Thanks
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quote
benoki

Ok I've figured out a way..

To change a face to audience areas I can record the coordinates for all the vertices for each face then re-input that data in to a newly inserted audience areas. This places an audience area of the exact size and shape directly where I need it, which is nice. If there is a cleaner way of doing this please let me know Smile

Thanks
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4