AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> EASE classroom (first time student for my master's thesis) )
EASE classroom (first time student for my master's thesis) )
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote
voetbal

Hello,

I have created a classroom in EASE but when i measure the RT60 i have results that are 2 times the results that i measured at the classroom with a sonometer.

Now i have made for every face a front and a rear. Example: the wall face: stucco rear: brick. And now my results are good like the real measurement.
Can I do this? or is this wrong?

And I have also a problem when i uncheck 'room open' that i dont get any result. Is this normal? how can i fix that?

I also have to measure the RT60 with EASERA. I have a mic and etc; But how do I do this exactly on a laptop. I dont understand the software really good. Does anyone can give some steps that i can follow in the programme. I wanne use the balloon-pop method.

Thanks and best regards!!!!!

A student in need of some help.
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Hello,

No, you shouldn't assign a rear face material as workaround. Two fold faces are used to add barriers, reflective/absorptive panels into the room as well as to paste (Coat) one Face on top of another.

It seems that some basic concepts on EASE are still missing. I suggest you take a look on the tutorial created by Renkus-Heinz:

http://www.renkus-heinz.com/support/software-support/ease_support/tutorials/tutorials.html

It is thoughtfully made and covers some problems you might encounter while modeling a room.

It is not uncommon having "holes" in the room (page 65 of the tutorial).

Common problems are:
- Stacked Vertices;
- Missing Faces;
- Inverted Faces (the yellow side of the face should point to the room inside);
- Stacked Faces;
- Two Fold Faces errors (as you did! Wink);
- Non-planar surfaces...

You can use Check Holes function to give this a check. Find it under Edit Project window > Tools pull down menu > Check Holes. However, I suggest you search for more details on the tutorial.

All the best!
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quote
voetbal

Thanks Pedro

but i used the tuturial and i have no holes in my room and i havnt inverted faces.
What do you mean with stacked faces?

Maybe my materials their abs. coef. are off. It is the only way to explain, i guess.

(sry for the bad english)

voetbal

Wink Wink
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4