AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Shadows and Faces
Shadows and Faces
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:39 pm Reply with quote
jhumankirkegaard

I have a model that I built and was planning to use the shadow on/off feature of certain faces to simulate what would happen when the pit is at stage level vs seated with an audience. I used the edit tables function to negate the shading on those faces to simulate the seated position but I keep getting acoustic shadows where there should be none. Going back to edit the model, the shadow box is checked for faces where I have turned them off multiple times. I even tried just doing it with the face properties instead of using the edit table function and they still keep turning back on. What am I not understanding about turning shadows on or off for a face?

edit: I'll confirm the Shadow Cast box is unchecked until I save the model and somehow is checked again after saving.

edit2: locking the face makes it stick. Can someone explain to me what's going on so that I can better understand the program's behavior?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:56 am Reply with quote
AFMG Silke Bögelein

Please feel free to send your packed project to support@afmg.eu.
Please indicate if the problem occurs only in this one project or if it is a general problem to further narrow down the issue.
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4