AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Cloud Reflector Angle Change and Immediate Result
Cloud Reflector Angle Change and Immediate Result
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:00 am Reply with quote
mixbyjm

HI all..

I'd like to learn and know about cloud / ceiling reflector panels..

1. How to see immediate result when changing angle of the reflector? Do I need to do ray tracing over and over everytime I change the angle?

2. Which one is the best when evaluating reflector? using 1 omni source on stage? or using the (will be) installed PA?

3. What criteria to verified if your reflector is working?
On this project I'd like to utilizing the reflector panels as additional bass and mid bass absorbers rather than as reflectors only..I'm thinking to use BAD formula on these panels. With very large space behind the reflector/cloud panel will get me more benefit on lowest freq I can absorb, won't I?

Thank you so much
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:16 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Silke Bögelein

Unfortunately, there isn't an automatic routine to change the angle. You need to evaluate the results, make decisions and changes to the model, and run it again. The best way to rotate a reflector is to make it an object and use the "move" function.

Depending on the intended use of the room, it is useful to simulate directly with the final installation, as long as this is the main use of the room.

The specification of the reflector / diffuser / absorber always depends on the application. Always ask yourself which acoustic problem exists and what should be improved. Why was or should this element be placed at this location. Unfortunately, no standard answer or statement can be found that fits every room, all room dimensions and conditions.

That is exactly right, with binary absorber panel the air gap behind the panel in the whole absorption system influences the low frequencies, the bigger the air gap the lower the influenced frequency. High frequencies, on the other hand, are influenced by the perforation, i.e. the size of the hole.
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4